Re: Choosing a carb for a '79B

To: "David G.Butcher" <dbutcher@foam.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Choosing a carb for a '79B
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 14:11:12 -0400
Hi Dave,
         The only thing I can tell you about having replaced stock ZS carbs
with twin HIF's is
i) it passed emissions without a catalytic converter
ii) it sounds nicer
iii) my wife said it is running as well as it ever has since I have owned
it (1 1/2 years).
The latter is probably most important because she professes not to
understand the lure of the B.

Comparing it with any of the other possibilities is beyond my capabilities
and understanding.

Also, it was fun to do and I learned a whole lot.
You might also add to your possibilities converting the ZS to a manual
choke so you don't have to fiddle
with the manifolds and exhaust systems, etc.

Regards and I'll be looking for more learned responses to your question, too.

Bill