Looking for Racing History

To: 2cam <mgatwincam@egroups.com>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Looking for Racing History
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 15:41:53 -0700
Anyone know about this vehicle?

I own a 1958 black with red interior MGA twin cam. Because of
some modifications, I have reason to believe the car was
raced/rallied. It has stop watch holders fitted in the radio
slot, Ray Dot racing mirror instead of the standard mirror,
Brooklands racing screen, and 2 inch holes in the rear bulkhead
panel and boot floor, presumably for a roll cage.  I have the
windscreen, but it was just sliped into the mounts and not
fastened in.

I've traced the car to Martha Zitlow, at that time living in
Cleveland, Ohio. The date of this title is Sept 11, 1967 and lien
in the amout of $3673.46 issued.  Which may be the new selling
price, as I can't imagine any one getting that big a loan on a
used car.  The lien was cancelled  the same day! On January 2 of
1968 a South Dakota title was issued and the sale price is listed
as $250 for the purpose of paying the sales tax necessary for
licensing and a license was issued.  Martha Zietlow died January
21, 1969, a little over a year after buying the car and the car
went through an estate sale.

The Ohio title issued says the title was transfered from the
Kumph Motor Car Company, Denver Colorado and lists the delivered
price as "CONV", Certified as a copy of "ORIGIN" which was issued
AUG 12, 1961. The title No. is 181090992. Because of the ORIGIN,
the car's build date of 1958, and ORIGIN date of 61, the sale
date of 67, and the modifications, the car have been
raced/rallied by the Kump Motor Car Co., or one of the company's
owners or employees. I tried contacting them but got the polite
"NO records that far back."

Anyone know about this vehicle?

Can someone from Ohio answer:
Does the phrase 'Certified as a copy of ORIGIN' mean that this is
the factory's 'statement of origin'?
What does the the phrase "Delivered price $ CONV' mean?

Does anyone from the Denver area know about a twin cam campaigned
by the Kumph Motor Car Co.?

Would the 'Title No. 181090992' be an Abindon issued number, an
importer number, or a number from Colorado issued to Kumph Motor
Cor Co.? This number appeared right after and on the same line as
the phrase 'Certified as a copy of ORIGIN'

Do any records exist from the importers of MGs from the 1950's?

ANY information would be greatly appreceiated.

Blake
yd3@nvc.net