Re: 79B carb tuning question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 79B carb tuning question
From: "Keith Gernert" <kgernert@triad.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 21:48:35 -0400
On 5 Jun 2000, at 21:00, Paul Hunt wrote:

> An analyser may work for setting up a single carb but not twins...

Thanks for the info, Paul, but my car uses the single Zenith carb.  (I should
have said
that in the original post.)

Someone's reply mentioned the automatic choke.  Having thought about it, that
is
definitely something I need to look at.  The car starts very nicely, and will
usually idle
when cold.  Not like it should, but it doesn't shut off within 15 seconds like
it does
when warmed up.  So maybe the auto choke is part of the problem.  And another
item makes it onto the weekend's to-do list...

--
Keith Gernert
79 MGB