Re: 68B new with questions

To: "David Councill" <dcouncil@imt.net>, "Phillips, Frank" <fwp@ufl.edu>,
Subject: Re: 68B new with questions
From: "wcameyer" <wcameyer@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 10:29:49 -0700
Dave,

Its been a long while, so I can't be too specific.  I do know that I've done
it on one MGB speedo four years ago, and its still OK.  Also, I once did it
to a Mercedes 230 speedo (on the table in a motel on the road in New Mexico
one night),  and it was still OK ten years later when I sold the car!

Carefully remove the mechanism from its case.  Clean off everything you can
reach, especially the old, dried lubricant (WD-40 will do this), and
re-lubricate areas which had been lubricated - I used white lithium grease
on the B, believe I did not have anything to use on the MBZ.

Bill