Re: Brake Fluid

To: "Chris Attias" <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>,
Subject: Re: Brake Fluid
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 14:17:52 -0700
Yeah, and the first 5-mains were rated 98, so it's even worse from that
standpoint.

Of course, MG wasn't the only one with this kind of problem in this time
period. Many Detroit big block V8s were rated in the 400hp range in the
late 60s. By the mid 70s they were floundering around 200. And
considering the "bloat" that afflicted American cars at this time, the
actual performance deterioration was probably even more pronounced
(compare a 71 Mustang to a 65, or a 74 Road Runner to a 68). At least
MGBs stayed the same size, even if they did sprout rubber baby buggy
bumpers. And you have a chance to recapture a lot of the loss by simple
modifications now that they're old enough to be exempt from smog control
in many areas.

wcameyer had this to say:

--

Max Heim