Wire wheel rear end

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wire wheel rear end
From: "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 22:33:56 -0400
My '71 B has rostyle wheels and I am intending to convert to wires sometime
in the future (please, no flames on why wires are a PITA and why I should
keep the rostyles). I have the opportunity to pick up a wire wheel rear end
w/ hubs locally removed from a '77 B that the owner performed a V8
conversion on. He wants $50 for it and insists that it was not noisy when
removed. This price seemed pretty good to me, but I am unfamiliar on what
wire wheel rear ends go for. Is this a decent deal? TIA.

Craig
'71 B