Re: Overdrive woes

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive woes
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 08:40:51 -0700
Hmmm, could it be temperature related? My understanding is you should use
single weight motor oil in the OD transmission. I use 30wt. Or...

...possibly the 1st-2nd lockout switch is flaking. Either the switch or a
wire connecting to it is opening temporarily, maybe related to vibration
at that RPM. Tough to get at the switch in a '77, though...

delling3 had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149