Re: Overdrive woes

To: delling3 <delling3@home.com>
Subject: Re: Overdrive woes
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 15:28:06 -0500
 I just went thru the same thing.  The problem was mainly corroded
connections.  The OD solenoid draws about .85 amp at 12 volts, so a few
ohms resistance can cause the solenoid to disengage.  My car is a '69,
so the OD switch is on the steering column, I guess yours is on the
knob. ?  Anyhoo, there are several connections in the car's and the
gearbox's wiring harness.  Start by cleaning each and every one of them
and make sure they're tight.  report back. (G)  BTW, I run 20-50 in my
gearbox, no probs.

  CR