Re: Octane and altitude ratios???

To: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>
Subject: Re: Octane and altitude ratios???
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 17:50:57 -0600 (MDT)
I don't have equations, but I think the gas companies have done that
already.  The lowest octane gas here in CO is two points lower than the
lowest octane at sea level.  Like I said, no formulas, but there is a two
point drop in the ~6000 feet between here and sea level, so maybe you
could approximate -1pt per 3000ft.

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'71 BGT rust free and burnt orange
'63 Buick 215

"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"
Enzo Ferrari