RE: Octane and altitude ratios???

To: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Subject: RE: Octane and altitude ratios???
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 16:19:08 -0700
I believe ethanol contains less energy (BTUs or calories) per gallon than
gasoline, so you are correct in noting that adding ethanol to gasoline
will reduce mileage. I don't think "gasohol" is allowed to be sold in
this area, so I have no experience myself, and didn't consider it in my
reply.

Reynolds,John had this to say: