Re: Octane and altitude ratios???

To: Gonaj@aol.com
Subject: Re: Octane and altitude ratios???
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <Lundgren@iname.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 10:32:24 -0600 (MDT)
That damage to the pocket book is what I am trying to avoid.  I have a Ford
Explorer as well as an MGB that gets 15-16mpg...  The owners manual says 87 or
higher, but I think that is calcualted for sea-level.  When I buy the highest
available octain I get better gas mileage...  This is just one of lives
mysteries I wanted to understand better.