Re: ATW Rally pictures from Day 63

To: "Simon Matthews" <simon_atwork@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: ATW Rally pictures from Day 63
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 14:41:23 -0700
Well, maybe it wasn't a competitor's car, did you think of that? Because
I guarantee you it is not a 190 -- not unless they replaced the front
wings, headlamps, and hood. 190s have round headlamps, do not have the
shark gills in the wings, and do not have the stiffening ribs in the
hood. (They also have anemic fours vs awesome sixes).

**Oh, I see that Barney confirms that it was not a rally car. That makes
sense --pretty valuable car to trash bouncing around Mongolia, etc. 190s
and 2XX's are "a-dime-a-dozen" in comparison.

BTW (irrelevant aside) does anyone read "Sports Car Market" magazine?
Keith Martin seems to have a particular lack of regard for 190SLs. Some
of his funniest put-downs have applied to "fright pig" M-Bs at auction.

Simon Matthews had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149