Re: OD Lube

To: vscjohn@huntnet.net, macmillan@home.com
Subject: Re: OD Lube
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 00:57:08 EDT
In a message dated 2000-07-17 7:22:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
vscjohn@huntnet.net writes:

<< Hey Stuart, the OD has a friction clutch as a major component.  That
changes the
 equation.  Bill is not attacking Redline.  John

Indeed, John - Redline oils are _too_ slippery for the proper functioning of
the _friction_ linings in the Laycock overdrives. If you are a sedate street
driver, you may get away with it, but put too much torque through the
clutches in the OD with Redline oils, and you will slip them, and thus burn
them. Stuart is apparently unaware of this situation, or he wouldn't be
'poppycocking' away.

We have trashed brand new OD units this way. Using conventional oils, we
never have any problems.

Bill S.