Re: OD Lube

To: macmillan@home.com
Subject: Re: OD Lube
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 19:01:31 EDT
In a message dated 18/07/00 2:14:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
macmillan@home.com writes:

> Interesting stuff, someday I am going to have to build up a racing MGB,
>  what the heck it is only time and money!

If you are going to all that tiem and expense, why build a mundane MGB? Make
it a really interesting MGA, as I do ;-)

>  Thinking about how the OD works with the unidirectional clutch when
>  disengaged, you must be getting slippage of the clutch rollers, which I
>  guess could be happening with the Red Line. If the clutch is slipping
>  then the friction surface would slip along with it, causing wear. The
>  sliding member with its friction lining should just be along for the
>  ride, with all the power going through the locking clutch when the OD is
>  disengaged (except in reverse!).

Fortunately it wasn't me getting the slippage (I can read directions and when
it says don't use it in overdrives I pay attention). It was my friend in a
TVR. Needless to say he now uses regular oil!

Bill