Re: OD Lube

To: WSpohn4@aol.com
Subject: Re: OD Lube
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:43:24 -0700
Bill,

Do you engage the OD when racing?  Not being a racer I wouldn't know,
but that is definitely asking a lot of the unit, and your experience I'm
sure is valid.  I am only concerned with longevity for my daily drivers,
not racing, and my experience as per my last post has proven Red Line
assists me in accomplishing this.

No doubt slippage could occur if you really pushed it with the OD
engaged, and certainly if you were constantly switching it on and off,
but if your unidirectional clutch is functioning properly there can be
no slippage of the friction material when the OD is disengaged.

So, daily drivers can benefit, racers do whatever works!

--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle

'84 Vanagon Westfalia