Gurgling Sound coming from back of car

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Gurgling Sound coming from back of car
From: Geoffrey Gallaway <geoffeg@sloth.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 14:25:31 -0400 (EDT)
Some people may know of my fuel starvation problems with my 70 BGT. While
sitting in a parking lot, waiting for someone today, it died as usual. I
didn't attempt to turn it back on since I didn't know how long it would be
till the person arrived. About a minute after it had died, I heard a
gurgling sound come from the back right of the car for a few seconds. Once
the person arrived and I started to drive, the fuel starvation problem was
absolutely horrible, dying at almost every light and taking a few seconds
to start again. Now, I know there is a large metal cannister in the right
back of the car (where the gurgling sound came from). What does this
cannister do and what might it have to do with my car dying and why would
it make a gurgling sound? If it is the cause of the problem, can I remove
it, fix it or do I need a new one?

Thanks for the advice,
Geoff

--
Geoffrey Gallaway || Everything I say is a lie.
geoffeg@sloth.org ||