Re: Gurgling Sound coming from back of car

To: geoffeg@sloth.org
Subject: Re: Gurgling Sound coming from back of car
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 07:40:02 -0400
Goeff,
  Yes, you could do the things to the evaporative control system and get
the results you want. A vented gas cap, or a notch cut in the gasket of
the cap you have would be even easier than swapping tubes.
  On the other hand, they are present and can easily be made to work.
This system recovers fuel that would otherwise be lost to evaporation.
You bought the fuel, might as well burn all of it.
  Other emissions systems on the cars are questionable. This one is
worthwhile.
  BTW--MGBs that regularly failed CT's old emission check, done at an
idle for a period that was established to guarantee plug fouling,  are
now passing easily the new 30 mph test on the rollers.
Bob