Re: rear end shims/clunk

To: "Diane S." <cessna@speakeasy.org>, "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rear end shims/clunk
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 08:30:41 -0700
Diane........

Find another Moss person to speak to! There are no different thicknesses
listed (or available) for the shims you need. Obviously, the salesperson you
spoke to misunderstood which shims you need, although it's probably not
really his fault as what you are calling shims are known by most people (and
referred to in the catalog) as thrust washers.

So, to make it easy for yourself, just order 2 each 267-130 and 2ea.
267-140. These are the thrust washers on the differential spider gears and
are the little devils that usually wear out and cause the clunk to which you
referred.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center