Re: Pt. 2: Next lesson: a blown clutch master-cylinder

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: Pt. 2: Next lesson: a blown clutch master-cylinder
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 17:12:32 EDT
In a message dated 7/24/00 4:29:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tboicey@brit.ca
writes:

<< Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:
 > Clutch MC is a relatively simple repair.  I have a Midget, so YMMV.
 >
 > Buy a rebuilt MC.  (They are cheap, so it's not worth the trouble to
rebuild
 > one.)

Then, Trevor wrote:

   I disagree with this. If the bore is in good shape, the cylinder
 can be rebuilt in 5 minutes for the price of a sandwich.  >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Could be, Trevor.  The rebuilt MC for my Midget was so inexpensive that I
didn't even consider rebuilding the one in the car. Plus, the reservoir on
the one that came with the car was dented and I wanted it to look better.

However, Bill seemed to indicate that he was a novice at repairing his car in
the original post, so rather than attempt a rebuild and bugger it up if the
bore is scored and not worth rebuilding, I think he is better off just
replacing it.

And, BTW, sandwiches are cheaper in the States!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport