Re: What's the Fascination with Guns and Cars?

To: WSpohn4@aol.com
Subject: Re: What's the Fascination with Guns and Cars?
From: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@huntnet.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 20:12:54 -0500
Ah Bill, I can't believe that with all of the neat toys at your disposal you
want
to get off into this tar pit.  Never one to pass up really smelly bait, I'll get
out on the limb and start sawing.  My wife and I both have handguns at hand.
Our
concern is that we not go down without the means to put up a fight.  In many
years neither of us has had a need, but who can forsee the future.  Much of the
moral base for American society seems to have eroded.  Money is the only goal
worth pursuing.  As one who has been a foster parent and am now an adoptive
parent working to change the law with regard to kids in state custody I am faced
constantly with the fact that parents no longer concern themselves with their
children.  Committment to spouses, family and decency is in short supply.  All
manner of perversions are now presented as "alternate lifestyles".  Public shame
is a historical oddity.  Lest you think me unduly jaded I invite you visit any
of
the multitide of local gun shows that are a regular offering in most parts of
this land (or our vaunted universitoies)and view the denisons.  As a fan of the
pendulum theory I have some hope that we are near the end of a swing and hope
that we see a change of direction before we all go down in a nationwide
firefight.  There, that ought to give everyone a target.  Lock and load.  John