Re: Pertronix Ignitor failure

To: "Jeffrey H. Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pertronix Ignitor failure
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 22:29:49 -0400
> Spridgeteers,
>
> My Ignitor failed this evening on the way home from work. I had the
> old dizzy with points in the boot, so I popped that in and was on my
> way. Of course, it was a little dramatic when it failed since there
> was all kinds of backfiring and shuddering. There was no warning.
> Lesson learned, back to points.
>
> Jeff

Mine failed Tuesday morning, same symptoms... backfiring and  shuddering.
Funny thing was, that if you were to take a lead and give the coil straight
positive power from the battery it would run fine.  Oh well, rebuild my
distributor today... and it and new points (and condenser) will be back in
when I get to it.

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kai@radiohead.net
1974 Triumph TR-6S (as in supercharged!)