Re: Pertronix Ignitor failure

To: jboatri@emory.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pertronix Ignitor failure
From: LBCarCoMail@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 04:07:21 EDT
Jeff,

Before you give up on the Ignitor you might want to give Pertronix a jingle.
Their number is 800-827-3758  M-F about  9-5 PAC.  They have fantastic
support IMO, and should be able to figure out what went wrong.   They also
have a 30 month warranty with basically no questions asked.  I think you will
be pleased if you give them a ring, they want to find out what problems are
out there so they can try to resolve them.

Did the car die completely?  That would normally be the case if the unit
fails I believe or did it just start backfiring and missing?  If the later it
could be that somehow the dizzy turned in the block and the timing ended up
way off.  This happened to me on one of my cars at one point and was easily
resolved.  Just a thought.

 I have been selling their units now for quite some time and even have them
in my three MG's (one of them for 5 years) and never a problem.

Cheers,

Jeff Zorn
Little British Car Co. / Vintage Motors, Ltd.
www.LBCarCo.com

Also visit the premier MGA Website
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/namgar

In a message dated 8/4/00 9:19:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jboatri@emory.edu