Installing Wood dash in MGA.....electrical question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Installing Wood dash in MGA.....electrical question
From: MGALUVR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 19:54:05 EDT
I am in the process of installing a wooden dashboard in my 62MKII MGA. I know
for the dashboard courtesy light and the instrument lighting to work it must
be grounded to the chassis to complete the connection. The original metal
dash served as the grounding point. I am wondering what the best way would be
to accomplish this with a wooden dash. If its a lot of trouble I will do
without the dash lights for now. Other than the instrument lights does
anything else need to be grounded, like switches, etc? The wooden dash is
beautiful, but this installation is quickly becoming a royal

       Any help is greatly appreciated......Tnx....Bill Dillstrom

1962 MKII MGA Roadster
1979 MGB Roadster