Re: Installing Wood dash in MGA.....electrical question

To: MGALUVR@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Installing Wood dash in MGA.....electrical question
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 00:01:28 -0500
At 07:54 PM 8/10/2000 EDT, Bill Dillstrom, MGALUVR@aol.com wrote:
>.... installing a wooden dashboard in my 62MKII MGA. .... courtesy light
and the instrument lighting to work it must be grounded .... I am wondering
what the best way would be to accomplish this with a wooden dash.

Black wire for ground, crimp-on terminals, and daisy chain it from point to
point, finishing anywhere on a body bolt.

>.... Other than the instrument lights does anything else need to be
grounded,

The petrol gauge needs to be grounded (and grounded well) to function
properly, light or no light.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg