RE: Installing Wood dash in MGA.....electrical question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Installing Wood dash in MGA.....electrical question
From: Gordon Bird <gb@the-bdc.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 09:02:43 -0400
> I have removed, replaced and/or reinstalled went on a "round
> threaded stud"
> which would IMVHO, take "a "bayonet" (sp?) type connector"
> pretty much out of
> the "picture" 'cause all I have ever been able to use have

I recently found a spade terminal bent nearly 90deg at the base with a hole
in it that would easily go over or screw on the "threaded stud".  The
terminal was actually off a generic replacement cigarette lighter.  It
directly replaced the nut on the back of my B lighter.  I used it for
continuous power for my CD player.
So IMHO it is possible to accomplish what I believe was described.

Safety Fast!
Gordie Bird
62 MGA
80 MGB