Re: Installing Wood dash in MGA.....electrical question

To: MGALUVR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Installing Wood dash in MGA.....electrical question
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 18:23:19 -0600
Don't know which dash you got, but the installation is about  6 or 7 on a 1-10
scale of difficulty (10 being most difficult).  Basically, the instruments have
ground wires going to them, although I don't think the map light or the signal
indicator do.  If an instrument doesn't have a ground, you can use a "bayonet"
(sp?) type connector on the gauge mounting brackets and thumb screws to ground
the gauges.  String them all to gether, and bolt to the chassis.  Depending on
the dashboard, you may have to cut the gauge mounting brackets though.  Don't
forget to make sure the lower support bars are in place, or your dash will shake
badly - I had to cut and bend mine to fit.

Good Luck!
Phil Bates