Re: Stopping rust

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stopping rust
From: yd3@nvc.net
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 15:45:02 -0700
Dan:

Extend works fairly well just by itself, but it does need top coating with
something for best protection.  For best results you do need to knock
loose/clean/blow off as much rust scale scale and dirt as you can.  Waxol and
some other products have a moisture displacer/dryer in them.  Undercoating does
not.  I think you could stop alot of the rust by using POR/Extend and then
covercoating with Waxol/rustproofing especially inside of the hollow cavities
such as rockers.  That's the proceedure I plan to follow on the door pillars of
my MGA which I didn't replace.

Blake