RE:TD engine & Oil Filter

To: mgs@autox.team.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: RE:TD engine & Oil Filter
From: Ronald Olds <tr6@pipeline.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 23:03:56 -0500
Thank you all for your responses to my questions.  I appreciate all the
opinions I received which were of course there were a variety of opinions
(and he a little cross discussion was created by some responses). I have
decided to get the manifold coated by Jet-hot.  My main reason for deciding
to get it coated is an attempt to lower the temperatures around the carbs.
Previously I had problems with vapor lock so this certainly won't hurt.
Regarding the oil filter color, I am changing to a spin on type. I earlier
purchased an adapter from Bob Grunau, which looks to be a fine piece of
workmanship. I understand his unit is superior to any other on the market.
I was just wondering if I should paint the unit and filters to give it
somewhat of an original look (as long as you don't look too close). Since
there doesn't seem to be any consensus on what the original color was I
leave the adapter natural and the filters will be what ever color they come
in.

Thanks again,
Ron Olds