Re: TD engine & Oil Filter

To: mgt <mg-t@autox.team.net>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: TD engine & Oil Filter
From: yd3@nvc.net
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 14:35:23 -0700
<<<snip>>>
>I would prefer my ... adapter with modern filter over a rebuild with the
paper factory attempt anyday...

<<<snip>>>
>use Fram PH16 or Purolator L10017 filters
<<<snip>>>

I am using an AC filter 32A, which is paper, in my TD.  I see no reason why the
filtering element would be any worse than what's in a canister filter from AC.
I can't imagine a manufacturer going to the trouble of purchasing, stocking, and
inventorying several different filter papers.

I planned on using this same filter in my twin cam.  Okay, Bill or Robin, I want
to know what's wrong with using the AC filter.

Blake