Re: GO ELSEWHERE

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GO ELSEWHERE
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 13:57:25 EDT
In a message dated 8/25/00 12:34:51 PM, yd3@nvc.net writes:

<< IMHO, I think the animosity crept in when Leyland took over BMC/MG and
pushed
their own cars over MG.  In some instances, they were more or less crammed
down
the MG dealer/MG enthusiasts throat. >>

Well, that and the fact that Leyland continued to invest in Triumph models
even to the point of introducing a completely new model, the largely lamented
TR7, while letting the MG line languish until too few were sold to continue.

I had always viewed the Triumph/MG feud as sort of a running joke that, I had
hoped, few took seriously--just a little faux contention to spice up
conversations.  But some people apparently do take it seriously, just like
they take lightweight stuff on the web too seriously.

Jay Donoghue
72B
72B-GT
66 Mustang