@#$%& Transmission

To: MG Listserver <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: @#$%& Transmission
From: Chris Attias <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 11:15:33 -0700
I guess I was tempting the LBC gods when I started thinking about the
Palo Alto British meet...On the way home last night, my early non-OD
3-synchro tranny decided to pack up.  I got it home, but third gear
wouldn't go/stay in, and fourth was a "garunch" to get into.

I'm now contemplating options.  It doesn't look like a 4-synchro is
an option without an engine change (3-main with small spiggot).  The
only readily available replacement tranny I have seen is a rebuilt
from Victoria British.  Anyone out there have any experience with
their trannys?

I'm hoping to get this back together before too long, since I have
been using my B as a daily driver.  My wife is happy to carpool for a
while, but...

Has anyone out there heard of good sources for rebuilt or used
3-synchro/small input shaft transmissions?

Desperate in California
--
Chris Attias
Aptos, CA