Re: MGA Block-coolant galleries

To: "Valerie Stabenow" <hlub34a@aeroinc.net>,
Subject: Re: MGA Block-coolant galleries
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 23:11:37 -0500
At 09:56 PM 8/30/2000 -0500, Valerie Stabenow wrote:
>Do you know for a fact that your temp sending unit is sending the correct
temperature? My Mark II started scaring me with high temp indications. A
former race mechanic advised me to get a candy thermometer and stick in in
the rad opening (while car is running, ....

There's a much better method of checking the gauge if you don't ming a
little more bother.  Remove the temp probe from the cylinder head and stick
it in a tup of boiling water, any variation from 212dF on the gauge would
be error.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg