RE: Interchanging left and right hand rear wire spoke wheel hubs.

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Interchanging left and right hand rear wire spoke wheel hubs.
From: "Louis Mehr (EML)" <Louis.Mehr@eml.ericsson.se>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 09:09:33 +0200

Hi MG World,

I've just sold my project MGB  after concluding it was going to take too long
to complete - only to find myself buying another project, this time an
Austin-Healey Sprite.

Anyway,  the most obvious problem, apart from the fact that a large part of the
car is contained in 3 cardboard boxes, is that the rear wire wheel spinners
seem to have been fitted on the wrong wheels i.e. the one marked "Left" is on
the right and vice-versa.

There's no mention of how to remove the rear hubs in the Haynes Guide and I
haven't bought any other books yet.

So my question is how do you remove and swap the hubs - do you need a
hub-puller tool ?

Thanks

Louis Mehr
Manchester