Re: [pub] My First Time.....and Pub Registry...

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [pub] My First Time.....and Pub Registry...
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 13:44:15 EDT

<<
On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 09:10:29 -0700 "Paul" <paulbentz@home.com> writes:
> There's an English restaurant and pub in my town called Ye Olde Ship.
> I have never eaten there, but someday I would like to go there, in
> the
> Jaguar of course, and park it right outside next to the red
> telephone booth.
> I have never eaten British food, except for water crackers, but I
> have heard
> of the somewhat bad reputation of British cooking. Does anyone have
> any
> suggestions on what dishes I should try first?
> Thanks,
> Paul
>  >>

Two British classics (take it from an Irishman) are Steak & Kidney pie and
Shepherd's pie.
Then, you must order Spotted Dick just so you can amuse your friends with the
story.  Note that I didn't say any of this is particularly good, just that
they are classics.
On the other hand, it was the British obsession with a good Port that
introduced me to that excellent end to a meal.

Jay Donoghue
72B
72B-GT
66 Mustang