Re: [pub] My First Time.....and Pub Registry...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [pub] My First Time.....and Pub Registry...
From: Robert Haigney <Robert.Haigney@anixter.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 11:20:16 -0700
Now you are all making me home sick.  I am an English guy living in Los
Angeles, I moved out here about 5 years ago, and although the food in England
is pretty bland, if you grew up with it you'd miss it too.....especially fish
and chips from the fish and chip shop with some mushy peas and a pickled eggs.
Try faggots and peas too, that's another speciality. Kind of a meat ball in
onion gravy
Spotted Dick you have to try as well as treacle pudding.
I seem to remember  all british pub's served pea's with everything.
And the english love bread also.
I seem to remember cumberland sausage was a popular pub food, nothing like
sausage over here, so if you get the chance, try an English sausage sometime.
Steak and Kidney pie was always a favorite along with Cornish pasty and
Yorkshire pudding, and if it's done right a Shepherd's pie can be a great meal.

Now I'm hungry....

Robert.
69 BGT
78 Midge (basket case)