RE: Where have all the used cars gone?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Where have all the used cars gone?
From: eric@erickson.on.net
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 16:54:20 +0930
> MGB, GT6, or Jensen Healey.  I'm at a loss to tell him how to find one. We
> live in the greater San Francisco Bay area, and I haven't seen one of these
> cars advertised in the local papers for literally years. Do we just live in
> the wrong place, or is it essential to hook up with a local club to find one
> through the informal network? (If the latter is true, then the reason that
> youngsters aren't coming into the hobby may be that they can't find the
> door.) Any thoughts, anyone?

We always have one or two adverts for MGs in our local paper (here in South
Australia) but they have also set up a section called "Cars of Distinction"
which
have all sorts of exotica, including MGs, so you look in both the alphabetical
section and sections set up in alphabetical order and price range PLUS "Cars of
Distinction".

However, as when seeking employment, I always advise going direct to the source
and in this case this will end up being an owner (hunt down your local MG Car
Club) or a dealer... and these aren't hard to find (once again, ask your local
MG
Car Club).  Hell, I went to "Octagon Autos" and "MG Sales and Service" - seemed
pretty obvious to me.

If you need to stumble over an MG before you would consider buying one, then
maybe you just weren't meant to have one in the first place ;-)

Eric
'68MGB MkII
(the car I was *meant* to have)