Where have all the used cars gone?

To: healeys@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Where have all the used cars gone?
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 20:40:22 EDT
We worry about how to get youngsters into the hobby -- I've got a young
friend who has about $5,000-$7,000 to spend on a "fun car" and he's thinking
MGB, GT6, or Jensen Healey.  I'm at a loss to tell him how to find one. We
live in the greater San Francisco Bay area, and I haven't seen one of these
cars advertised in the local papers for literally years. Do we just live in
the wrong place, or is it essential to hook up with a local club to find one
through the informal network? (If the latter is true, then the reason that
youngsters aren't coming into the hobby may be that they can't find the
door.) Any thoughts, anyone?
Cheers
Gary Anderson