Re: Weber vs Su

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Weber vs Su
From: "Richard Spurling" <hobbes@senet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 01:01:34 +0930
Rick,

I recently removed the DGV from my '76B and put twin SUs on it.
Starting is not easier with the DGV. My car starts very easily with the SUs
and was a bit of a dog with the DGV.
With the SUs, I felt like someone had added an extra cylinder to the car.
Suddenly it had torque, power and revved a lot better than the DGV.
Admittedly the car had a tune up at the same time, but it was running
sweetly with the DGV.
My opinion? I can't see the point of the DGV (unless there is a smog related
reason - we don't suffer those hassles here). It provides lower performance
to the SUs and I personally have never had a hassle with SUs.

Cheers
Richard
'76 MG B
         Anne and Richard Spurling