Re: Weber vs Su

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weber vs Su
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 01:38:41 +0000
R. O. Lindsay wrote:

> what is the performance difference between the stock SU carbs on a
> '70 B-GT and a Weber DGV?

Here we go...

OK, I don't have a '70 B-GT but I have driven a 67 'B with Webers and my
68 'B with SUs and for street driving I preferred the SU for
'drivability'.  The Webers (which were supposedly tuned) were lumpy on
take-off, and in fact lumpy elsewhere too.  The SU carbs give me smooth
acceleration throughout the gears and revs.

I thought I felt a little more 'punch' with the webers... but maybe that
was just 'lurch' :-)

I prefer the SU carbs.

Eric
'68MGB MkII