Re: Weber vs Su

To: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weber vs Su
From: Matthew Milkevitch <mmilkevitch@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 13:22:52 -0700 (PDT)
Rick:

        My experience with the Weber DGV(manual choke):

        1)Starting:  somewhat better due to the accel pump.
However, with the SUs, my car starts on the 4th
turnover of the engine, which isn't bad.

        2) Road Performance:  worse than SUs.  Small
hesitations abound. Some cured with different jetting,
better tuning.  Flat spot in midrange, which I
couldn't ever eliminate.  Poor Top end.

        3)  Fuel economy:  worse than SUs, I have no hard
numbers though.

        With newly rebuilt SUs, all problems have been
eliminated.  Good power, car practically screams after
4K rpm. And I love the intake hiss.

        Regards,

        Matt Milkevitch
        '74 MGBGT