RE: wheel bearings

To: ATWEDITOR@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: wheel bearings
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 02:35:09 -0500
This learns us, that nuts should be tightened with the specified torque!
When repacking and playing with the shims it's good not to use grease in the
first place. Just using oil on the shims and try to find the correct shim
combination.
When having found the right shim combination, you'll pack the total lot with
grease and you'll have a good bearing fitting.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Hans

When applying grease from start, you might think it's a good fit untill you
start to tighten the nut with torque. You ten squeeze the grease from
between the shims and other parts to the shims and create play again.