Re: wheel bearings

To: Michael Jose <mwjose@u.arizona.edu>
Subject: Re: wheel bearings
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 22:15:39 -0500
Try Haynes page 208, Chapter 11 Suspension and steering, Section 13, Front hubs
- description, removal, dismantling and refitting.  There's a simpler technique
for refitting the shims, no dial gauge needed, but I can't seem to find its
reference.  Listers?  There's a good chance that the shims that you take out may
be just right for reassembly.  Don't lose 'em.

Michael Jose wrote:

> I have a Haynes and looked, but didn't find it.  What page is it on?
> What are the shims for?  Shouldn't it just be pulling the old out, putting
> the new in with grease, and tightening to spec?
> Please advise
> I just got the bearings, inner and outer, and seals, anything I missed?
> thanks again.
> Mike Jose

Bud Krueger
http://home.ici.net/~bkrueger/