Re: urgent advice needed PLEASE!

To: chris_rose@totalise.co.uk, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: urgent advice needed PLEASE!
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 10:10:32 EST
In a message dated 11/7/00 7:27:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,
chris_rose@totalise.co.uk writes:

> I really am at my wits end, and am hoping someone can offer some advice.
> Does
> anyone know anything about the Environment Agency in the UK and how this
> bit
> of legislation actually works?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Of course, I don't know much about your legal system, but it sounds way too
complex to try to make sense of environmental law without the help of a
lawyer.  Now you get into more expense.  It would be a shame to destroy a '63
B in any case, but you have to convince the environmentalists that it isn't a
noxious fume belching pollutant, which is an argument I am sure they will use
to get it crushed.

You have to justify the time and expense of trying to make government
officials see your point, when most are simply blind to the attraction of
classic cars.  If you can get the car back in it's present condition, maybe
you can make a deal with the shop owner to help you rebuild it at some kind
of discount, without the insurance coverage.

Just my 2 pence.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget