Re: somebody explain shifting and RPM to me

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: somebody explain shifting and RPM to me
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 13:25:59 EST
Lawrie's answer sounds right to me.  One more piece of information:  Each
engine has its own unique power range.  The Miata, for example, peaks, I
believe, around 1500 RPM higher than the B's powerband.  The B engine is
known for having an unusal amount of low-end torque for a sports car, which
makes it very easy to handle in traffic of varying speeds.
Usually a perceptive driver can figure out the best power points through a
bit of experience.  In most B's you don't gain too much by pushing the red
line, although as timing, ignition and carbs are changed, that also changes.
Let's not get into changing cams.

Jay Donoghue
72B
72B-GT