Re: somebody explain shifting and RPM to me

To: mvheim@studiolimage.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: somebody explain shifting and RPM to me
From: Gonaj@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 08:46:09 EST
In a message dated 11/11/00 2:42:17 PM Central Standard Time,
mvheim@studiolimage.com writes:

<<
 For some historical perspective, 1960s Chryslers used to have a gauge
 called a "Performance Indicator" (actually a vacuum gauge). It was marked
 with two regions: "Economy" and "Power". >>

Not only do I remember them but I have a couple of similar gauges which were
sold as aftermarket devices.  Fairly popular with the old folks.  I used to
use them in tandem just to measure vacuum when setting up dual carbs on the
early Corvairs.

George