Re: Falling Spares

To: "Simon Matthews" <simon_atwork@hotmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Falling Spares
From: "Walt Goddard" <waltcpa@sierra.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 07:51:49 -0800
Another problem, from personal experience, is not the falling off but
the inability to access.  We do a substantial amount of back country
driving.  There are places where the mud is deep enough that the
differentials drag.  Add a flat to that and the frame is practically
on the ground and getting that tire out without a hi-lift jack or
moving the truck to dry ground is almost impossible.  Ever dig out 2
feet of mud just to get at a tire?  Yuk!!

Walt Goddard
waltcpa@sierra.net