MGB springs

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB springs
From: "Dan Hackney" <danhackney@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 00:28:56 -0500
Well, with snow about to set in here (NC, USA) I decided to see what the
archives had to say about the spring replacement job I'm about to undertake.
I read the whole "spring question" thread with great interest.  The rear
springs on my '72 are visibly sagging, so I ordered new ones (1" lowered)
from moss, with 1" lowering front ones to match.  Right now both sets are on
backorder for an unknown period of time.  After reading though, I think I
might reconsider.  It sounds like the ride heights will be difficult to
match front and rear.  Does anyone have experience with replacing both sets
with lowered springs at the same time?  Also, are the benefits of lowering
the car 1" worth the extra cost, wait time, and hassles associated with the
changing the height? (rebound straps and bump stops, anything else?) The car
will not be raced, just driven fast on country roads on the weekends. I'm
beginning to think I should just change the order to new stock springs front
and rear, but I'd like to hear opinions/experiences from list members.

-Dan
'72B

Also, does anyone have a picture on the web of a lowered CBB?  I'm curious
to see the visual effect.