Re: MGB springs

To: danhackney@nc.rr.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB springs
From: Mgbbob@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 17:46:14 EST
I replaced the rear springs on my 66 last year. The springs had sagged
noticeably.
Replace one spring at a time and ensure that you have ALL the parts
handy.....including the hardware. I had to saw off a front bolt and trying to
lift both springs to the rear anchors was a real hassle.
I rebuilt the front end with new springs the year before and am disappointed
that the rear of the car now rides higher than the front by about 2". Even
though it's a trophy winning car, I'm not going to bother lowering the rear
springs
Goo luck
Bob Stahlbush
66 MGB GHN3L 78708