Re: MGB springs

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB springs
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 20:40:43 -0800
Lowering a CBB? Are you planning to make extra money as a roadgrader or
snowplow? <g> I would definitely think this through. CBBs have marginal
real-world road clearance to start with, in most people's experience
(although I have yet to lose a muffler, many listers have reported such
incidents). What are you using for tires? If you are going lower profile
than the stock 165-14 (and I assume you are since you are interested in
handling), you could be losing clearance there as well. I would think
that lowered springs would have to be stiffer, too, to avoid slamming the
bump stops. This might make the entire experience less pleasant. Although
some people seem to enjoy a skittery, go-kart-type ride...

Dan Hackney had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149