RE: MGB springs

To: "Dan Hackney" <danhackney@nc.rr.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGB springs
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 12:51:51 -0700
>I want to replace the rears becuase they are sagging unevenly, lower on the
>driver's side.  You can really tell the difference between sides if you look
>at each of them in turn.

My guess is if you swap springs left to right the left side will still sag.  I
don't want to start this thread again ... but ... if
everyone goes out and checks their cars right now most will find the left sags.

If you surveyed everyone that replaced springs to correct for this most  would
say it didn't work.

>This doesn't seem to make sense because according to my car # (281---), moss
>catalogue says I should use 264-375 (RD to 293445), but in your info
>provided it says free length of this spring is 9 7/8".  How could my springs
>become 1/8" longer over time?

Because making springs isn't like making watches?

Larry Hoy